Links

Home           Twitter           Meet Tanantha           Featured On

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Matcha Green Tea Shortbread Cookies

I was craving matcha green tea, any kind really..I had hot matcha green tea, matcha smoothie, matcha hot milk, but had zero cookies! So, I needed to make some. I’m into matcha green tea because of my good friend, Note. It burns fat and I’m lov’in it!!

I’ve been searching for a good green tea cookie recipe and found this one that seems pretty good from Lovescool by Kelli Bernard. The recipe won the best bakery finalist on different website something like that. Kelli is awesome! I’ve asked her a question on her blog and she’s responsive. We might end up trading this recipe with different variation :-)

I couldn’t wait to get my hands on. After work, I went straight to Uwajimaya, Asian market in Seattle, WA, and bought a very good matcha green tea powder. Well, it’s very pricey, so I assume it will be good!


Matcha Green Tea Shortbread Cookies
Adapted from Lovescool (I’ve changed some ingredients and measurement to suit my taste)

Ingredients
Yield about 4 dozens with 1" shape

¾ cup Confectioner’s sugar and more for coating
5 oz (10 tablespoons) Unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1 ¾ cup of all purpose flour
3 large eggs yolks
1.5 tablespoon Match green tea powder. If you like more taste of green tea or bitter, increase more of powder or reduce confectioner’s sugar.
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Rolling pin
Cookie cutters


Direction:
Mix the confectioner’s sugar and green tea powder in a bowl. Add the butter and cream it with low speed till it’s smooth. You can see awesome green color now. Add flour and mix well. Add eggs yolks and beat it with low to medium speed until it’s incorporated. Form the dough into a disk, wrap with plastic wrap, and chill it in a refrigerator for at least 30 mins. You can leave it overnight.

When it’s firm and ready to roll out, arrange a rack to the third row and preheat the oven to 350F. Roll the dough out to ½” thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut it in whatever shape you like. Re-roll the dough till you use all of it. Place cut cookies on a baking tray for 1-2 inches apart. Bake for about 12-15 mins or until slightly golden around the edge. Sprinkle confectioner's sugar on top on cookies.

Don’t forget to turn racks in the oven if you have cookies on more than one rack. The top rack switched to the bottom and vice versa. Switch it after 6 or 7 mins so that all cookies can expose to the same amount of heat.












look at the color! so greeny..I added half of tablespoon more of green tea for more green tea flavor and less sweet








 It will be lighter if you only add 1.5 tablespoons or use regular green tea





Ready to go in the fridge. Chill for at least 30 mins








Before you roll out the dough, sprinkle your work area with flour and also on a rolling pin to avoid stickyness





Cut the dough by cookie cutters. I've just got the cookie cutter set from William-Sonoma. I had so much fun cutting it. Look at the leaves, they are so adorable








Can't ask for more on a cold day...humm...i'm lov'in it!





0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...