Spring Mix Salad and Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
In the last entry, I was talking about my in-law's Birthday dinner party. I was assigned to bring dessert and salad. The dessert (Devile's food cake and mocha frosting) was done! Pheww..
There's a really nice way to celebrate birthdays for this family. On your birthday, you can pick what home-made dish you'd like to eat. Barb will make it happen! On my birthday I requested salmon and ice cream cake. It was YUMMY. Yes, you can go eat out on special occasions but I think when you eat at home with home-made food and with your family members, it's more intimate and cozy. For this entry I'd like to share the very simple dressing. It's way easier to buy a finished dressing at a grocery store, why would I bother to "make" one, you ask? Well, if you buy it, it's not "homemade" dressing. When you label "homemade", it brings about different feelings. The homemade version brings a special touch to it! You can be proud of saying "I MADE THIS"
I'd also like to share my sister in-law Kimberlee's ground turkey wrap! It's so goood and very healthy. All ingredients are organic. Go organic! It's a big hit in the Couilliard family.
Spring Mix Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette DressingYield: 6-8 peeps
Ingredients:1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 medium lemon juice and zest.
2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Zest the lemon and set aside the juice
- Mix all the ingredients: lemon zest, juice, dijon mustard, sugar, salt, and balsamic. Wisk well.
- Add extra virgin olive oil about 1/4 cup
- Season with black peppers to taste
- Correct the taste to suite you. This depends on how much of salad you have as well. It could be too tangy if you have little salad.
- Combine your salad ingredients - I used spring mix, sliced cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, roasted almonds, canned whole corns, canned kidney beans, and cubed apple.
Pour the dressing over the prepared salad and we're done for home-made salad!
Kimberlee was preparing the turkey wraps. She used whole wheat tortillas. The filling combined of sharp shredded cheddar cheese, kidney beans, corns, chopped green onions, cubed bell peppers, salsa sauce, and cooked turkey.
The home-made salad and turkey wraps are served!