The Larb seasoning makes my life so much easier, and yes makes this dish SO much easier. Believe me, you can make this one!
Pork Thai Salad (Larb Moo)
1 lb ground pork or any kind of ground meat you like
3 limes and juice
4-5 shallots thinly sliced
5 teaspoons larb seasoning as shown in the photo
2 1/2 teaspoons fish sauce
5 teaspoons roasted rice powder as shown in the photo
1/2 teaspoon sugar
bunch of mint leaves
- Boil meat in a pot. Use wooden spoon to break it apart, strain it. Keep some of the juice
- Add larb seasoning, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar. Add chili flakes if you like spicy. Mix well
- Add rice powder. Mix well.
- If it's too thick, add some of meat juice that we keep from boiled meat
- Add bunch of mint leaves and shallots. Mix well.
- Taste it! and adjust the flavor as you wish. It should have 3 flavors: sour, sweet, salty, but leading with sour taste
Mint leaves, lime, and shallots
The star of the dish: Larb seasoning. You can find this at any Asian grocery stores.
Roast rice powder: it is a must have for making Larb. Taste will be different without it.
Boil meat. Using a wooden spoon to stir and break ground meat apart so that it doesn't form into a big chunk. Don't forget to keep the juice!
Strain the meat and set it aside
Add Larb seasoning, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, and chili flakes. Mix well
Add rice powder, mint leaves, shallots. Mix well. Adjust to taste.
Vois-la! Some people wrap it with lettuce (called chicken wrap) but it's optional.