When you work full-time, it's not easy to make dinner on weekdays. If you're one of the salaried people like me, you would get me! However, cooking actually soothes me. It helps me focus on things better and makes me happy. You've probably heard about a secret ingredient of top chefs that when you cook, you cook with your soul. It sounds corny right? BUT it's true. If you like cooking, you can't agree with this secret more.
The more I'm into food, the more I'm fascinated about it. Your food can be as simple or as complicated as you want. Take this dish for example, it's very simple to make but the finished dish is elegant beyond expectation! The prosciutto does the trick. A lime dressing gives it a twist. The saltiness of it, the sweetness from the cantaloupe, and the tangy minty flavor from lime drizzle, makes this dish a perfect combination. The prosciutto is usually good by itself and appears in Italian and Greek food a lot.
That's the reason why "back-to-basics" is blooming in this life style. Young single family, working couple, living a city life, and little time for cooking, are popular excuses to not cook! Yes, I used it as my excuse before..Don't fall into the same trap!
Prosciutto - Cantaloupe BitesYield: 8 skewers
Ingredients:16 cantaloupe cubes
a package sliced prosciutto
1 lime, juice
2 teaspoons extra virgin love oil
pinch of crushed chili flake
1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- Combine lime juice, olive oil, and chili flake, whisk well. Set aside
- Cut prosciutto in half lengthwise. You will get 2 slices out of 1 slice.
- Wrap one cube with presliced prosciutto and secure it on a skewer one at a time. 2 wrapped cantaloupes per skewer.
- Arrange them on a serving plate and drizzle with oil mixture.
- Sprinkle finely chopped mint when serving