I'm sure some of you have heard of this award. For those who haven't heard of it, it's called Sunshine Award. The award is awarded to bloggers who inspire, encourage, and motivate others in this foodie virtual world; just like sunshine. Get it? Sunshine that brings life to earth and makes things alive!
I have seen this award passed on to others and others, and wondered when I would receive this. Until last Wednesday, I received a message from Liv Wan from Egg Wan’s Eastern Food Odyssey. She decided to give me the award (Yay!). This is my first award ever! I was so excited and I'm honored to receive this award. Liv is a Taiwanese born Chef who is currently settled in Edinburgh. She is also currently working as a chef in a top restaurant in Edinburgh! Her main focus cuisines are Taiwanese and Chinese; however, she has great western recipes to share as well. Her recipes are wonderful and her photography? - FABULOUS. If you have a chance, please check out her blog here. It will be worth of your time! Here's my advice: have a napkin on hand coz' your mouth will be watering from her recipes.
I was about to spread this sunshine to my fellow bloggers until I received another message today from Judy of Bebe Love Okazu to give me this award as well. I'm beyond happy! Judy is a Japanese – American, born and raised in the city of Angels- Los Angeles. She has a baby girl named "Bebe E". Judy, you'd better tell us her name! Being a mommy of bebe E brought her to start her food blog and share her wonderful family recipes. Thanks to bebe girl E for inspiring your mommy to the food blogging world and giving others the opportunity to explore her. I love her blog and for sure I love Japanese food! However, Judy's recipes are not only limited to Japanese but also what I would call "Asian Fusion" that has an Asian twist. Please check out her blog when you have a chance here. I'm positive you will enjoy it.
Konban okazu nani shiyoue? which literally translates to, “what should I make for dinner tonight?-Thanks to Judy, I learned more Japanese words today!
I'd like to thank you both of you for the awards. You two have inspired, encouraged, and motivated me. I'm more than happy and honored to receive it with humility. It's my turn to spread this sunshine award to others who deserve it. It seems like Liv, Judy, and I have read the same blogs. There might be the same recipients but I'm giving it out anyway. Why? coz' they have brought sunshine to my blogging world.
It didn't take me long to think of the recipients of this award, so here we go..(these are not in order of any preference). Please don't feel obligated to follow the rules. Feel free to follow if only you'd like to. It's supposed to make you happy!
To the award winners, here are the rules:
1. Put the logo on your blog or within your post.
2. Pass the award on to fellow bloggers. (this has changed a bit on the passing over; not sure about the number I'm supposed to pass on)
3. Link the nominees within your post.
4. Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to the person from who you received this award.
- Lazaro and Nancy from Lazaro Cooks: No doubt, they have received so many awards including this one. I still want to give it to him and Nancy regardless, as their blog inspires and encourages me to keep up the good work.
- Denise Fletcher from Quickies on the dinner table: I love Denise! She has received many awards but I'm giving it to her again. Take a peek at her cookbook and enter the quickie challenge to get a giveaway.
- Roxan from Kitchen Meditaion: She's a snowboarding & yoga lover, and foodie. Her recipes contain a heap of love and healthiness. Plus, her dog has a Facebook page!(that's really cute)
- Natalie from Perrys' Plate: I knew Natalie from Tasty Kitchen and I adore her recipes
- Biren from Roti n Rice: Roti and Rice? Let me know if this isn't interesting enough to check it out
- Elin from Elinluv's Corner : She has 2 piggies who love to eat and wee..wee..Her food and baking are wonderful
- Monet from Anecdotes and apple cores : She loves to read & write, and bake from her passion
- Kristan from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen : We both ain't afraid to admit that we watch the Real House Wives of New York! I love her sense of humor.
- Scott from Fight Fat Foodie : Who said a man couldn't cook? He sure can, and in a healthy style
- Le from Le's little Kitchen : An unemployed graduate who expresses her frustration in the kitchen. Check it out to see how she's done it
- Baking Barrister: Somehow I never call her by name..She's in SF for a competition. Help send in spirit to support her!
Happy Friday and Enjoy the Sun!