Links

Home           Twitter           Meet Tanantha           Featured On

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Green Curry Chicken Pizza - A New Way to Enjoy Your Pizza!

3.22.11




Thank you everyone so much for the encouragement from the last post. I'm doing my best and I will be sure to let you know how the progression goes.

As promised, I will share Asian Pizza (mentioned in the homemade pizza dough post) today! Yay. The idea of this topping came from Magdalena from Tasty Colours, and my good friend who made Tomyum chicken as a topping. Magdalena gave me the idea of green curry pizza, according to her quote, "Eric Kayser- French baker and pastry chef makes Thai style chicken tart". The dough has curry paste and the topping are eggplant and curry chicken.

When I think of eggplant and curry, my mind is with green curry. It's a perfect combination. The idea of combining green curry with bread isn't novel.  Green curry can be eaten with vermicelli and sometimes with roti (fried Indian style flat bread). So, this dish isn't new but let's just say we are dressing up a type of pizza.

It couldn't be more perfect regarding making this pizza. My friend who her friend's mom made her a homemade green curry paste. She brought it back from Chicago and shared some with me. I have to admit shamelessly that this was my first time trying homemade curry paste. It's flavorful, spicy, and savory. You can really tell the difference between homemade paste and store bought paste.  Note to self: I need to make my own paste!

There are several ways to dress up your pizza. Be creative and think outside the box. That's how the fusion starts.

I have to say this flavor is really good. I sometimes feel Italian flavor is too bland for my taste buds. The heat and spices from the curry paste has kicked my butt! Luv it. I also baked eggplant and bell peppers before putting it on a the pizza. This prevents them from being mushy if I cook them with the curry, or from being undercooked if I don't pre-bake them. I also decided to not cook the basil but used fresh basil as a topping. 

The tasters (friends and the hubs) love it and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do!



Green Curry Chicken Pizza
Yield: 14" pizza

Ingredients:
3 tbs coconut creme. If you're using canned coconut creme, use the creme that is on top.
1 tbs homemade green curry paste or 2 tbs store-bought paste
1.5 tbs fish sauce
1 lb chicken breast, thinly sliced
1/4 black pepper
1 Serrano pepper, cored, thinly sliced
1 bell pepper, cored, sliced lengthwise
1 Japanese eggplant, sliced diagonally to about 1/2 inch thickness
1.5 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided.
1/4 cup or more fresh basil, chiffon and slice
Salt and pepper
Olive oil to brush
Pepper flake (optional) for sprinkle
Parmesan cheese (optional) for sprinkle
Homemade pizza dough, recipe here
3 tbs corn flour

Baking sheet
Foil
Brush
Cast Iron pizza pan



 Directions:
  • Leave your pizza dough out at room temperature for at least half hour to one hour.
  • Pre-heat oven to 500 F.
  • Line baking tray with foil. Place eggplants and bell pepper on the tray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil over them. Bake for 15 mins.
  • Heat up skillet on medium heat. Add curry paste and coconut creme. Stir fry for a few mins until it's all mixed and create a fragrance.
  • Add chicken and saute until the chicken is all cooked through. Season with fish sauce, and black pepper. If the sauce is too thick, add a little more of coconut creme. Set aside.
  • Pre-heat iron cast pizza for 10 mins.
  • Take it out from oven. Sprinkle with with corn flour on the pizza pan.
  • Roll out the dough on flour space to your desire thickness. I like thin crust so I roll it to 1/4 inch thickness.
  • Brush with olive oil. Add the curry sauce and chicken all over the dough.
  • Spread half of the cheese over.
  • Place eggplant and bell pepper on top. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
  • Bake for 10-12 mins.
  • Sprinkle with fresh basil and Serrano pepper.

Sprinkle the pan with corn flour

The curry chicken is ready

The veggie is also ready. This is after 15 mins of baking


I ate all the four pieces


Enjoy the pizza time!







Follow tananthap on Twitter

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks yummy and tempting...

Peggy said...

Oooh, this pizza is calling my name! I need to get on making my own green curry to that I can make this pizza! It looks amazing! =)

Unknown said...

Oh Tanantha, this looks scrumptious, what flavors you've put together in a pizza topping. I agree that the fresh green curry paste must be so flavorful here. I wish I had a piece now;-)

LeQuan said...

Oh me oh my, Tanantha! That is one sexy piece of dough! Hubby dislikes pizza (yeah I don't know what's wrong with him), but I bet this one would sure change his mind. The flavors are such a wonderful medley. Not to mention, the colours and perfectly baked top...mmm (with 3 m's lol)...DELICIOUS (wink)! Fantastic recipe, Tanantha. Now I'm going to be thinking about this one all day. Stalk ya later, dear :-).

LeQuan said...

PS
I forgot to say that I liked that you didn't cook the basil. Great choice!

Nancy said...

Did you say curry? I'm there! Hehe, your pizza looks mouthwatering and I love all of the ingredients. I've made pizza with curried chicken but never like yours, yours is perfect! Once you start making your own curry paste you won't like the store ones, hehe. I always make my own.
I wish you the best for you new venture into catering. That is wonderful news and I know you will rock!

Angie's Recipes said...

Very tempting! I enjoy your new way of enjoying pizza. :-))

Joyti said...

I make my own green curry paste, and refrigerate the extra (usually making enough paste for 2 curry dishes)...it IS better than store-bought, even the texture is different.
Your pizza sounds like a heavenly use of the stuff. The photographs too are gorgeous.

She's Cookin' said...

You can't go wrong with flavors inspired by Eric Kayser! I saw the eggplant and knew it was a winner for me :) And with curry in the dough... amazing!

Le (from the old Le's Little Kitchen) said...

Omgoodness this looks amazing! I love green curry (I had last night!) and pizza is my fave food! Both of these together is just heavenly :D I love Asian infused pizzas, I ate a lot of it in Korea and it was sooo goood.

Anonymous said...

I love the iea of green curry chicken on a pizza, amazing flavors! 5 Star Foodie Junior is right now crazy about curries so she would absolutely love this!

Anonymous said...

I have never used curry in pizza before, but it such a creative idea :) And, I'm definitely one of those believers that any pizza is good pizza...so I'm willing to bet this will go over well in my house!

A little bit of everything said...

I've never used curry on pizza but now thinking about it sounds like a brilliant idea.
Your pizza looks wonderful Tanantha.
Thanks for sharing

Magic of Spice said...

Absolutely fantastic! I adore curry and even a veggie version would be loaded with flavor. Excellence my friend!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

denise @ bread expectations said...

Oh PIZZA!!! I was about to leave but the pic just grabbed me by the eyeballs!! I just have no words. Pizza hut does a chicken curry pizza over here but yours just blows it out of the water! GORGEOUS!!!

denise @ bread expectations said...

Oh PIZZA!!! I was about to leave but the pic just grabbed me by the eyeballs!! I just have no words. Pizza hut does a chicken curry pizza over here but yours just blows it out of the water! GORGEOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

Made it yesterday. Delicious! Best pizza ever! Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...