It's so cold here. We had snowstorm this week and I was snowed in on Monday and today. We had 5" of snow in our area. Did I like it? Definitly hahaha but it wasn't convenient to access work database which kinda annoyed me. Well, can't say much. You can't get it all.
Fun trivale: Other than the observance of Martin Luther King Day's on Monday, do you know January 16th is also an International Hot & Spicy Food Day?! Yep. You heard me.
It's so beautiful in Winter. I love it. I must say this past weekend was productive for me. I got all emails done, made some food, yoga, meditation, dinner with friends, and got to make this matcha pudding. It's really easy to make and tastes so good. Green tea and sweet red bean paste (Azuki) are a good combination in any dessert, and so is this pudding. Soy milk is a great altenative to skim or whole milk. You can use any kind of milk you have on hands. I first made it in a dessert martini-like glass but we like it better when serving with a shot glass. It's adorable and you won't feel you intake too much dessert.
Shot glass is also great for party. With easy directions and a few ingredients, I definitely add this to my party food list next time! Please feel free to bump up measurements.
I like to share another easy appetizer for a party - pear and goat cheese mini cups - which I made for New Year's Eve party. It's a little time consuming with making cups but I guarantee this will add a wow factor to your party. I brushed gyoza wrappers with melted butter. The original post with ingredients is here.
Matcha Green Tea Pudding
Yield" 1.5 cup
1 envelope unflavored gelatin package
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup soy milk
2 Tbs caster sugar or regular sugar
2-3 tsp good quality matcha powder
Sweet red bean paste (Azuki)
- Boil water. Then mix in gelatin powder. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat up milks (heavy cream and soy milk). Add matcha powder. Whisk well.
- Use a strainer to strain crumbed or excessed matcha powder.
- While the milks are still hot, gradually add sugar. Whisk well.
- Strain milk mixture again.
- Pour gelatin mixture into milk mixture. Whisk well.
- Add about 1 tsp red bean paste into bottom of glasses.
- Pour green tea mixture into a glass.
- Chill for sbout an hour or until gelatin has set.
- Serve chill. It can be save in a fridge for a few days.
|Strain matcha from milk mixture|
|Adding sweet red bean past at the bottom|
|Creamy and jelly-like|